So Much to LearnEdit
Whether you're new to whiskey, or a drunk old hat, this page will fill you in on the basics.
What is Whiskey?Edit
Whiskey is a type of distilled alcoholic beverage made from fermented grain mash. Different grains are used for different varieties, including barley, malted barley, rye, malted rye, wheat, buckwheat and corn. Whiskey is typically aged in wooden casks, made generally of charred white oak. (See Wikipedia.)
Whiskey In DepthEdit
Neat vs. Rocks vs. SplashEdit
- If you want to order whiskey as Providence intended, ask for it neat.
- If you want ice, order it on the rocks.
- If you want water in your whiskey, pray for forgiveness, and ask for a drop or a splash, depending on how wet you want to get.
Whiskey vs. Scotch vs. BourbonEdit
- Most good things in life are whiskey.
- The whiskey that comes from Scotland is called Scotch.
- Bourbon is Americas Native spirit and can trace some of its roots to what was then referred to as Bourbon county Kentucky, as well as the French Bourbon family dynasty who helped Americas with its independence during the Revolutionary War.